The International Conference Center is a project promoted by Rovira i Virgili University and the Tarragona Provinical Council, which aims to contribute to the development of southern Catalonia as a knowledge region through the promotion and organisation of national and international conferences related to scientific output and innovation, within the framework of the Campus of International Excellence Southern Catalonia (CEICS).
The International Conference Center offer a comprehensive service for the organisation of conferences and seminars, especially directed at companies and institutions in the region of Tarragona related to research, teaching and knowledge transfer through Rovira i Virgili University and the Campus of International Excellence Southern Catalonia.
The region of southern Catalonia offerseasily accessible, central location. It boasts an extraordinary landscape and cultural heritage, as well as a wide range of companies and institutions that guarantee the provision of world-class services to accommodate and promote leading international conferences.
In terms of getting here, the area offers a wealth of travel options, including the Reus Airport, the Camp de Tarragona high-speed train station, and the Port of Tarragona. And the Barcelona International Airport is only 45 minutes away by motorway.
The area also has plenty of accommodation options: the hotels in the area offer a total of 60,000 beds, of which 14,000 provide business MICE (meetings, incentives, conferencing and exhibitions) services.
URV Facilities and infrastructure
The URV has excellent infrastructure featuring the latest multimedia equipment, including video conferencing and interpreting services, Wi-Fi, recording and reproduction, exhibition areas, libraries, gardens and outdoor spaces, and parking.
This includes a total of 17 conference rooms (university auditoriums and meeting rooms) with capacities ranging from 80 to 472 people, depending on the location, and the entire infrastructure of the five campuses: classrooms with computer equipment (for 25 to 247 people), meeting rooms, laboratories, offices, etc., which provide flexibility in meeting the functional needs of any conference.
Our services are designed to meet the needs of promoters and participants, providing everything from feasibility studies and event production to the publication of results.
Budgeting consulting services and financial feasibility studies
- Preliminary financial analyses to determine the profitability of the conference
- Preparation of a work plan detailing estimated participants, the venue, meeting rooms and general areas, and the duration and dates of the conference
- Design of the different stages and implementation of the work schedule
- Search by sector for private sector sponsors, public funding sources and other methods of collaboration
- Management of relations with the sponsor and the preparation of reports
- Drafting of the budget proposal
Office of the technical secretary for conferences
- Financial and administrative management
- Management and coordination of suppliers
- Formalisation of agreements and contracts
- Registration, records and certificates
- Logistics and operations
- Corporate image, promotion, publicity and dissemination of materials
- Management of travel and accommodation
- Social programming and cultural visits
- Communications and attendee services
- Handling of travel and accommodation requirements
- Document management: provision of a tool for receiving abstracts, communications, notifications, presentations and posters
- Coordination and logistics of speeches and panel discussions, the poster display area and "in situ" services for speakers, moderators and authors of open forum presentations
- Direct support for the scientific committee