The Technology Transfer and Innovation Center of the URV Foundation (CTTi) meets, within the university environment, the technological needs and services generated by the productive sectors and their administration, through the management of transfer of technology and knowledge, the management of Industrial and Intellectual Property, technological surveillance, entrepreneurship and the offer of infrastructure for the transfer (business incubator). In order to continuously improve the quality of our services and ensure that they are in accordance with the UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2015 and UNE 166002:2014, an integrated management system for quality and R+D+i has been established and reviewed on a regular basis ensuring that we meet both the objectives of quality and R+D+i, as well as the following strategic areas:
- To encourage, stimulate, manage and develop the flow of knowledge and technology, to establish state and international contracts and agreements with the aim of promoting research and development projects, as well as channels allowing us to improve communication and build relationships between the URV and the socio-economic environment (universities, research institutes, technological centers, science and technological parks, businesses and associations).
- To be responsible of the economic, administrative and accounting management of the aforementioned contracts and agreements.
- To advise the academic staff, services, departments, schools and faculties, as well as academic authorities. To give them support to negotiate, sign and execute contracts and agreements of research, innovation and provision of services.
- To promote the transfer of technology and valorisation of the results of the URV in order to use it, disseminate and commercialise.
- To advise during the patent registration and others rights, as well as negotiations between academic staff and companies when exploiting them.
- To promote the creation of companies by means of mechanisms of incubation and centrifugal generation (EBTs).
- To do the external and internal promotion with the aim of making the implementation of Spin-off companies easier with a high added value in the business incubator - CTTi-FURV and technology transfer projects with companies.
- To act as a coordination and information center for businesses and other private or public entities wishing to establish special relations with the URV regarding the promotion of studies, research contracts, technical assistances and consultancies, etc.
- Other objectives not mentioned used to improve relations of the URV with the environment.
The General Manager, with the main mission of reaching the absolute satisfaction of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers and other interested parties, supports, provides resources and encourages the center so that everyone work always fulfilling and promoting the values of ethics, independence, confidentiality and spirit of service and continuously ensuring that they are understood and applied by CTTi staff, suppliers and other partners, with the vision of becoming the reference center in Southern Europe. Likewise, Directorship, will ensure that the applicable legal requirements are met and the improvement of the effectiveness and management system.
The General Manager will give support with its organization, will provide the resources and drive continuous improvement activities and will also enhance the continuous training of its professionals, so as to everyone participate in the common interest which is to provide the best quality service. In the same way, will ensure that its customers, suppliers and other interested parties participate improving the quality of services, either with suggestions, performances and collaborative decision-making.
Lourdes Jané i Ros
URV Foundation (FURV)