The URV Foundation (FURV) has produced its first equality plan (2012-2016) as a result of its commitment to the establishment of the equal opportunities between women and men as a principle of Organization behavior. The measures for the promotion of equality have been defined on the basis of a diagnosis of a situation that has analysed aspects such as the distribution of men and women in diferent places of work and levels of responsability, the promotion of egalitarian organizational management, working conditions of women and men, the projection of an imatge non-discriminatory and the use of non-sexist language, access to training in equality or the average anual compensation for sex, among other issues.
The areas on which the Plan designed is structured, comprise six axes:
Axis 1: Formalization of the commitment towards equal opportunities, visualization of sexism and awareness-raising
- Objective 1.1: Reinforce the commitment of the FURV with the gender equality in the corporate and strategic documents.
- Objective 1.2: To promote the awareness about sexism and seek the involvement of staff in the equality plan.
Axis 2: Non-sexist language and egalitarian image
- Objective 2.1: Reinforce the use of non-sexist language and to ensure a non-discriminatory use of the images in the corporate communication.
Axis 3: Equal participation of women and men in the jobs and levels of responsability
Objective 3.1: Promote the balanced presence of men and women in the different areas and professional categories.
Objective 3.2: To ensure the equality of opportunities in the profesional promotion and Access to positions of responsability.
Axis 4: Personal, family and work life balance
- Objective 4.1: Continue providing an organization and management of working time which enables the reconciliation and promote the shared responsability of men and women in the household chores and care.
Axis 5: Application of the gender perspective in the prevention of occupational hazards and health surveillance
- Objective 5.1: Guarantee the gender perspective in the activities of prevention of occupational risks and give it to between the staff
Axis 6: Integration of the gender perspective in the policy of quality, lifelong learning plans and in the FURV services
- Objective 6.1: To incorporate the gender perspective in the policy of quality.
- Objective 6.2: Encourage the creation of postgraduate degrees and University extensión courses specialized in gender perspective, and to keep track of the entrepreneurship activities considering the variable sex.